Guaranteed Ride Home
The *GRH program is for those unexpected emergencies during the Poudre Express operating times. Registered passengers are eligible for reimbursement for the cost of a ride home based on the Participation Guidelines listed below.
A two-step process is required to qualify for *GRH.
- Sign-up prior to using *GRH and receive your confirmation number.
- Submit a valid receipt and required information for *GRH reimbursement.
REGIONAL TRANSIT CONNECTIONS GUARANTEED RIDE HOME PROGRAM PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES
The *GRH service and guidelines are a *pilot program and are subject to change without notice.
Contact: email@example.com for current Participation Guidelines.
1. In order to be eligible to receive reimbursement for use of Guaranteed Ride Home (“GRH”), employees/students must:
A) work, attend school and/or reside within Greeley, Evans, Garden City, Windsor, Fort Collins or Loveland;
B) be officially registered with Greeley Evans Transit, in advance of their use of GRH, having completed and submitted the online form (“Registered Passengers”). Registered Passengers are those who have received an official confirmation email with a confirmation GRH ID number and information from greeleyevanstransit.com.
2. In order to be eligible to receive reimbursement for use of GRH, registered passengers must have traveled to their site of employment, school or work via Transit using the Poudre Express service on the day they use GRH.
Eligible use of GRH only covers:
A) commute trip from work or school originating at the passenger’s work location and/or School location
B) Use of an eligible app-based rideshare (e.g., Lyft or Uber) type service provider is encouraged but not required as a taxi may also be use. Registered Passengers are responsible for securing their trip home by means of an Eligible Service Provider on their own accord.
When securing an eligible ride, the Registered Passenger explicitly acknowledges that:
A) City of Greeley offers no endorsement or certification of any Eligible Service Provider and assumes no liability for the quality of service or actions of any Eligible Service Provider and/or its agent(s); and
B) that participation in GRH is strictly voluntary and the Registered Passenger assumes full responsibility for all liability and risk associated with their use of GRH.
3. Registered Passengers will be eligible for reimbursement for the cost of the ride, (plus up to 10% gratuity), for a qualifying GRH trip. However, the total reimbursement that each Registered Passenger is eligible to collect during each 12-month period, which begins with the date of their registration, may not exceed:
A) three (3) uses of Guaranteed Ride Home;
B) a combined total dollar amount of One Hundred Fifty Dollars ($150.00), whichever occurs first.
4. The GRH program may only be used in cases of unexpected personal or family emergency, unexpected illness, or unscheduled overtime. Cases in which the GRH program cannot be used include, but are not limited to, the following: previously scheduled medical appointments; trips to the doctor, urgent care center, emergency room or hospital for a Registered Passenger that needs medical attention; personal errands; business related trips; scheduled overtime or working overtime without a supervisor’s request; weather emergencies; any type of building closing and/or evacuations; and natural and/or man-made disasters. If any of the above unqualified reasons leads to a qualifying reason, reimbursement for the GRH trip will be denied due to its underlying cause.
5. In order to collect reimbursement for their use of GRH, a Registered Passenger must submit a completed GRH Reimbursement Claim Form with a valid receipt attached within thirty (30) days of their use of GRH. The GRH Reimbursement Claim Form can be found at www.greeleyevanstransit (in paper form located at GET’s front desk, 101 11th Ave, Greeley, CO 80631) and includes detailed instructions on how to complete the form and submit the form to the program administrator for approval. Approved claims will be reimbursed by means of a check, mailed within forty-five (45) days of the program administrator’s approval of the submitted claim. The program administrator has the right to request further documentation or information, if needed, to supplement any submitted GRH Reimbursement Claim Form judged to be incomplete. If the program administrator determines the use of GRH was not in compliance with the Participation Guidelines, reimbursement will be denied.